Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We welcome Jonathon Edward Gould into our family of 4!

021 by ajgould
021, a photo by ajgould on Flickr.

Well on Monday March 19th, 2012 at 1007 am we had a beautiful baby boy and we named him Jonathon Edward Gould. We loved the named Jonathon and wanted to stay with the J names since our first boy is Jamison. Jonathon also means "A gift from God" and he truly is just that. We named his middle name Edward after my dad. He weighed 6lbs 8.7oz and was 19.5 inches long.
The labor started when we went to the hospital, Bergen Mercy in Omaha, NE at 5pm on Sunday March 18th. We went there to be induced but once I was hooked up to the uterine monitor I started having contractions so I think I was in early labor at that time oddly enough. The first thing that was ordered was a foley bulb catheter that would dilate me to a 3. It took 3 times for them to be successful since I was only 1 cm dilated at that time and it was successfully put in by a resident that funny enough was from Sioux City. It was started about 7pm and I started to have a little stronger contractions. Around 3 am (10 hours later) the catheter fell out and I was 3 cm dilated! I was so excited that it had worked! At that time they started pitocin and then the contractions were really coming on...so much so that I decided to get the epidural. I was told that I may not be able to have one for awhile as there was a possible c-section next door and the anesthesiologist may have to be in for the surgery and I thought Oh NO! R u kidding me?! Finally at 5 am I got the epidural and it was such a relief. I also have to tell the story of what happened to daddy when I got the epidural...So for an epidural you have to sit on the edge of the bed with your back hunched and someone has to be standing there so you don't fall of the bed...well anyway Andy was my support person and he almost passed out! LOL! He started to turn pale and the nurse had to fill in while he went to go get a drink of water. (I think he might've been dehydrated) It was quite entertaining but I am glad that he didn't pass out. =) The next time they checked me was at 6:15am and I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced and they broke my water and nothing came out, but later on The contractions were stronger but I couldn't feel them as I had the epidural. My water did slowly leak out later which I was thankful for because that was the major problem we had with Jamison's delivery. I was then checked again at 8 am and I was 7 cm dilated and 90% effaced! Woohoo! 30 minutes later I was dilated to a 10 and ready for the delivery room to be set up. As they set it up I sat on the bed at a 90 degree angle and the nurse said that this would help so I wouldn't have to push as much and gravity would bring the baby down. At 9:15 I started pushing and around 9:50 my Dr., Dr. Barsoom, came in and he gave me an episiotomy and I pushed 3 more times and Jonathon arrived into the world at 1007! Daddy cut the cord and Jonathon weas wiped off and handed to mommy and put on my chest! Jonathon was crying and had APGARs of 8 and 9 which were perfect. It was the most amazing experience and I am so glad that we were able to have a normal delivery. Jonathon was perfect in every way and we were so happy to have him in our arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment