Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Duke University Study

I am so excited that Duke University called me back today! We are going to participate in a study for anencephaly babies and neural tube defects. The University is sending St. Luke's kits to draw Andy and I's blood and take a 20cm sample of skin from the baby for DNA testing. We won't get our results back, however we will be part of a huge research study that will hopefully find out what causes anencephaly so we can prevent it in the future. I hope that no other family has to go through this and they find a way to prevent it. Here is a link to Duke's research for anencephaly.... http://www.chg.duke.edu/diseases/anencephaly.html

We are going to induce labor tomorrow. I will go in around 6 to 7am and they will give me prostaglandins every 6 hours until the baby is born. I am excited to meet my little girl and I really hope that I get to spend some time with her. I hope that she is alive for a few hours so she will get to meet her mommy and daddy. Please pray for us tomorrow as it will be a very difficult day.

No comments:

Post a Comment