Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ultrasound with Dr. Barsoom

Last friday I went to Omaha and had an u/s to check the baby's position. Our little boy is in position with his head down and face towards my spine. That is perfect! They checked his weight and it was 4lbs 3 oz so he hasn't gained much weight since last u/s. The Dr. thought that the baby would be around 7lbs when he was born. Jamison was 6lbs 9 oz so we will see what this little boy will be! Jamison and my mom came with me to the ultrasound and got to watch. Jamison loved seeing his little brother up on the screen. He asks a lot to "see the baby" and I show him u/s pictures so he didn't quite have an understanding of the baby but I think that this helps. He frequently kisses my belly and says, "Hi baby!" It is super cute and I think he will be a great older brother.

Also I got a chance to ask Dr. Barsoom a buch of questions about the delivery. At 36 weeks my cervix will be checked weekly by my regular ob Dr. Eastman and I will e-mail the results to Dr. Barsoom. Dr. Barsoom will decide when it is time to induce since I live an hour and 45 minutes away from the hospital that will do the VBAC. He said that they will be able to induce me by breaking my water, a foley bulb insertion into my cervix, or low dose of pitocin. Dr. Barsoom is on call on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday so we will have the baby on one of those days unless we go into spontaneous labor. If I need to be induced before 39 weeks they will want to do an amniocentesis to check the lung maturity of the baby to make sure he is ready. I don't know how I feel about this so I would like to discuss it further with my regular OB. Dr. Barsoom also checked to see if I was dilated and effaced and I wasn't at this time, but I didn't expect to be either. I have another appt today and it will just be to check BP, listen to fetal heart tones, just a normal visit with Dr. Eastman.

After the Omaha visit Jamison got to go to Target and pick out a toy with Grandma and he got a Thomas the Train rescue set. He loves it! Then we went to Picadilly Circus with gma and had lunch and played games. We always have fun in Omaha! Earlier that week grandma Roxanne took Jamison to story hour at the library and out to eat at Mc Donald's so he had some fun quality time with both of the grandmas. Well I will keep everyone posted on baby J # 2! Have a happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment